— by Bernice Hill
For the Graham Crust
In a bowl mix graham crumbs with sugar and melted butter. Add more butter if the crumbs don’t start to stick together then press into the bottom and sides of the pan or container you are using. You can make a full cheesecake pie or make individual ones like I have done. I pressed enough crumb mixture into the bottom of these glass ramekins to make a solid layer about 1 cm thick. Bake in 400 F oven until golden. The bake time will vary based on the size of your vessel. A regular pie size will take about 10 minutes. Let cool.
For the Cheesecake layer
1. Heat oven to 325° F. In a food processor, process cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth.
2. Pour into the piecrust and bake until the center is set but still slightly wobbly, 40 to 50 minutes for a regular sized cheesecake pie, about 20 minutes for the individuals. Let cool, then chill until firm, 4 to 5 hours. Top with lemon zest before serving.
For the Lemon Curd
1. Combine yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine.
2. Over medium heat, stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
3. Cook until mixture is thick enough to coat back of wooden spoon, about 7 minutes.
4. Remove saucepan from heat. Add butter, a few pieces at a time, stirring until consistency is smooth.
5. Transfer mixture to serving container. Let cool. Refrigerate for about an hour or until chilled.
(This recipe makes about 8 oz., enough to top a pie sized cheesecake and four mini cheesecakes)
2 cups graham crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
2 -8 ounce bars cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp lemon zest
4 large egg yolks
Zest of ½ lemon
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
6 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp unsalted cold butter; cut into pieces